Greetings from Dubai

Dear all,
 
Greetings from Dubai!  After a travel hiatus - I mean leisure travel - lasting 6 months (long by his standards), Wee Cheng is finally off again for another adventure...ok, it's not adventure in his conventional sense, but a trip nevertheless.
 
I arrived in Dubai at 6:30am today after an overnight flight from Singapore.  For one who has always planned his trip meticulously, this is my first holiday at such short notice.  I booked the air ticket less than 24 hours before flying.  Poor me - I have been working very hard since I joined my current job in May this year, also my most stressful job ever in my working life.  Finally, after months of an ardous painful process, we managed to submit our IPO application to the Stock Exchange on Friday, after which I rushed to the travel agency to confirm and pay for my air ticket.
 
Here I am at a bright flashy business lounge of Dubai airport, waiting for a connection to Kuwait.  This is going to be a 10 day city-hopping trip around the Gulf, yes, fabulously wealthy Gulf, flush with Petrodollars and space-age fantasy monuments.
 
From Kuwait, I will return to the United Arab Emirates where I will meet my Anglo-Dutch-Sharjah-resident adventurer friend Arian whom I met in Mauritius in 2003.  One night in the emirate of Sharjah and off to the Kingdom of Bahrain by the new budget carrier, Air Arabia.  From Bahrain, I will proceed to Doha, capital of Qatar and base of the famous TV channel, Al Jazeera.
 
I will then return to Sharjah where I would explore the rest of the Emirates, including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain and Fujairah, plus a side trip to the Sultanate of Oman.  Then back to Singapore.
 
OK, have to check out the legendary Dubai Dutyfree now.  More from me later.
 
Have fun!
 
 
Wee Cheng
Dubai International Airport
 
 
 
 
 

Comments