Kolkata Now

Now in Kolkata. Flew here from Nagaland today.  The flight had a brief stopover in Imphal, Manipur State, which is also famous for the WWII battles fought here but is today troubled by a bitter insurgency. 
 
Mobile works again - they didn't work in the Northeast. Nagaland had been very nice & people very friendly.  I made many friends that I hope to see again in the future.  There are still many places in Nagaland and other parts of the Northeast that I haven't visit.  
 
Now back in real India with many conman including my taxi driver from Kolkata airpor to town.  He pretended didn't know my hotel and tried to borrow my mobile.  More likely, he would then call the hotel and then tell me that I didn't have a reservation.  I ignored him.  He then asked me quite aggressively for tips, even before we reach the hotel.  Amazing.  I miss Nagaland and its honest people.
 
Tomorrow, I fly to Goa where I stay 3 nights & attend another festival - the Feast of the Immaculate Conception on 8 December.
 
 

Comments