St Lucia: Soufriere Town & the majestic Pitons: Amazing wonder of the Caribbean

St Lucia: Soufriere Town & the majestic Pitons: Amazing wonder of the Caribbean
Now in the independent island country of St Lucia after a frustrating day. LIAT Airlines, the main airline of the region, is terribly messed up. I was supposed to fly to St Lucia from Canefield Airport of Dominica at 8am ¨C as indicated on my electronic ticket - but they have changed it to departure from the faraway (36 miles away across narrow winding mountain roads) Meville Hall Airfield at 12:15pm, without informing me. I not only wasted sleep getting up early, wasted time going to the wrong airport but wasted one whole morning of sightseeing time I was supposed to have in St Lucia.
I arrived at St Lucia after 1pm and so had very limited sightseeing time, especially given short operating time of Caribbean attractions. Rushed about and managed to see one of the wonders of the Caribbean, the Piton peaks rising like pyramids straight from the sea, beside the pretty though somewhat picturesquely ramshackle seaside town of Soufriere, which is surrounded by lush green peaks and an active volcano on three sides
Tomorrow morning, at 6:45am ¨C barring no screwups from LIAT, I will be flying to Barbados, another former British colony, now an independent island state.

Comments