Myanmar Maps via Google Maps - Myanmar, my 174th country/entity

Heading for Myanmar on Friday 12 December 2008.  An exciting adventure not only including the Big 4 of Myanmar: Yangon, Bagan (Myanmar's Angkor!), Mandalay (Myanmar's 2nd largest city, old capital and of The Road to Mandalay fame) and amazingly picturesque Inle Lake region, but also the Rakhine State (to visit Myanmar's 2nd most important archaeological site at Mrauk U), Bagoo (historical Pegu fame), the magical Golden Rock, Mawlamyaing (good old Moulmein, Myanmar's 3rd largest city and capital of Mon State) and Hpa-an (capital of Kayin State for the Karen New Year).
 
Google Maps are wonderful!  I have generated a number of fascinating satellite maps of the places I will visiting. 
 
First, a map showing my Silkair flight from Singapore to Yangon.  Then, my route around Myanmar.
 

Comments