Singaporeans speak up against aggressive proselytisation

I still recall getting into a quarrel with an university coursemate on a bus when he scolded me for being a stubborn, unrepentant pagan; plus a heated debate with two colleagues in my first job who told me my dead relatives were burning in hell simply because they were not Christians (and despite living a virtuous life). 

It's amazing how many Singaporeans have suffered from such intrusion most of their lives and kept silent until the prime minister discussed it openly. Today's ST forum carries an extraordinary outburst from many.
 
Singapore will be a more harmonious place if everyone accepts that this is a multi-religious and multi-ethnic homeland for all, and will always be so. National policies should always be decided based on rational, scientific and secular basis, and we as citizens should always defend the secular nature of our state.
 

Comments