Promiscuity

Promiscuity:

 

This week, while riding the MRT to work, I dated Queen Isabella of Castilla y Aragon, St Francis Xavier and Basque whalers of Mark Kurlansky's Basque History of the World;

At night, I share my bed with Qing bannermen, Russian cossacks and Mongol khans of Peter Perdue's China Marches West;

I had an one night stand (of a threesome variety) with Mrs Bonifacio, President Quezon and General MacArthur's Manila mistress, Dimples, in Ambeth Ocampo's Looking Back (into Pinoy history);


I flirted briefly with Dutch admirals, Portuguese conquistadors and Acehnese laksamanas of Peter Borschberg's Singapore and Melaka Straits, but decided that it's too much to handle that before I am done with the Basques;

In the meantime, I will continue my weekly fling with The Economist and my monthly affair with National Geographic; not to mention my daily romps with the Straits Times and Lianhe Zaobao.

I love them all - wives, concubines, mistresses and flings!

 

Comments