Guess what? Met another Singaporean in a remote area

Guss what? I met a Singaporean last night at the railway station of Mohe, the remote town at the northern tip of China, also the border with Russia.  Sharon, who works for Country Holidays office in Shanghai, was reading an English book, a tell tale sign that she isn't a Chinese national.  What a surprise to find another fellow Singaporean in this remote town.  And that's not all, amazingly, the tickets we were holding - brought separately without reference to our nationalities - were for the same train cabin!  In fact, I have seen her at the same inn I stayed last night at Beiji Village and had thought she might be either from Hong Kong or some other parts of China.  (My own driver didn't even know I'm Singaporean. I told him I was from Guangzhou).

Posted via email from Nomadic Republic2

Comments